Mold spores are found everywhere on earth and are essential to many aspects of our life. However, when mold grows inside of our homes, this can cause serious health problems, such as allergic reactions ranging in severity depending on your sensitivity. Mold spores can irritate your respiratory system, eyes, throat and nose. This is why it is important to deal with mold problems as soon as they are detected. Depending on the severity of the problem, you might need to get help from a professional mold-remediation company.

To prevent mold growth in the first place, it is important to be on the watch for places in your home where moisture exists. This could be bathrooms or kitchens where there are sources of water. It could also result from rain water or humid air leaking in from the outside, creating ideal mold-growth conditions.

Wherever there is moisture, there is a possibility of mold growth, so clean and dry anything that is wet.