With the recent mandates in place for the State of Maine, we have implemented a new process for performing home inspections. In order to limit the amount of exposure to all parties involved, inspections will be performed in compliance with new industry standards and state mandates regarding COVID-19.
A brief summary of the InterNACHI COVID-19 Safety guidelines and Maine state mandates is below:
- All personal have completed COVID-19 specific training in relation to home inspections.
- All payments must be provided electronically.
- The inspection agreement must be accepted electronically.
- Clients may not attend the inspection. We will provide an opportunity for reviewing the inspection report remotely over the phone or via Zoom meeting after the inspection has been completed.
- Occupants of the property must not be present at the inspection.
- No one is allowed at the inspection with the inspector.
- The inspector will frequently wash their hands for at least 20 seconds throughout the inspection.
- The inspector must closely monitor their health conditions for symptoms of COVID-19, and will not attend if they are showing any symptoms. The inspection will be canceled.
- All parties should closely monitor their health conditions for symptoms of COVID-19 and must inform all other parties if they believe they may be infected. This includes the client, the buyer’s realtor, the seller/occupant of the property, the seller’s realtor, the inspector, and any other party involved.
Here are some precautions we will be taking on-site:
- We will avoid touching our faces.
- We will take our temperature daily and cancel the inspection if it is at or above the CDC guideline of 100.4°F and closely monitor our temperature if it seems higher than normal.
- We will bring and use hand sanitizer if/when available.
- All tools and contact surfaces in our vehicles are disinfected at the end of every inspection.
- All inspectors will wear disposable gloves while inside the building during the inspection
- All inspectors will wear shoe covers while inside the building during the inspection
Thank you for your understanding during this order. Please let us know if you have any questions or objections.